Wanted: Strategist who loves to research and write
We are accepting applications until March 1, 2021 at noon EST.
How to apply:
- Send us a letter about yourself and your approach to communications, and a resume.
- Send an email to email@example.com to apply.
- Please share writing samples (e.g. communications plans, reports, social media content)
- Strong writer who loves wordsmithing all kinds of documents.
- All team members work toward expert status in a variety of core skill-sets including communications leadership, strategic foresight, research, analytics, tactics design and visual thinking.
- We expect all our strategists to be competent in multiple areas since we do not have singular focus areas. You should be willing to add new skills and to challenge yourself professionally.
- Research and write a variety of types of products: communications and campaign strategies, press releases, advisories, social media updates, reports
- Identify and generate activity in relevant communication channels and nurture relationships with key influencers
- Collect information, coordinate and distribute news through a variety of platforms
- Together with the team, drive digital campaigns from start to finish
- Characterize, quantify and present metrics, tracking and reports for PR, online marketing and social media campaigns
- Post and maintain web content using Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Stay on top of all things communications-related, including best practices, guidelines and trends
- Play an active role in supporting the team’s business development and sales goals
- 3+ years in a communications, journalism and/or digital marketing-related role, or related work experience
- Skills and competencies for creative-focused tasks such as video, web or graphic design is always a bonus
- Strong writing, editing and verbal communications skills
- Experience working directly with the public
- Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain an effective online presence
- Preference will be given to candidates with a proficiency in English and French
- Superior analytical skills of marketing, communications and campaign materials
- Ability to network and build new relationships online and offline
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Solid background drafting press releases, creative copy and social media
- Academic degree or technical diploma in public relations, journalism, social sciences, marketing or a business-related ﬁeld.
- Salary range is $45,000 to $50,000 commensurate to experience.
- MediaStyle offers a benefits package with generous personal time, flexibility and extended health coverage.
- We welcome applicants from outside of Ottawa and would be open to discussions around remote work for the right candidate.
MediaStyle promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations. We strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process.
We apologize but MediaStyle will only be able to contact those who will be interviewed for the position.
MediaStyle provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.