Senior Strategist, Emerging Opportunities
Wanted: Senior Strategist who loves to research and write
We are accepting applications until Friday, March 26, 2021 at noon EST.
How to apply:
- Send us a letter about yourself and your approach to communications, and a resume.
- Send an email to email@example.com to apply.
- Please share writing samples (e.g. communications plans, reports, social media content)
About the job:
As a progressive agency, MediaStyle understands structural inequity and is continually working to create structures where diversity, equity, and inclusion are integrated throughout our internal processes and relationships with clients. Candidates who identify as being from marginalized communities, including Indigenous peoples, people of colour, women, people with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ folks are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Work with CEO on business development and exploration of emerging opportunities for MediaStyle
- Identify and generate sales channels, identify sales opportunities and expand opportunities for MediaStyle to interact with new and existing clients
- Act as a face of MediaStyle as needed appearing on panels, in media
- Our Senior Strategists are often project leads, which involves liaising with clients, managing budgets, setting timelines and problem-solving
- All team members work toward expert status in a variety of core skill-sets including communications leadership, strategic foresight, communications research, tactics design and visual thinking.
- We expect all our strategists to be competent in multiple areas since we do not have singular focus areas. You should be willing to add new skills and to challenge yourself professionally.
- Ability to write for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis audiences
- Understanding of the histories, cultures and contemporary realities of First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples in Canada
- Lived First Nations, Inuit or Métis experience is a strong asset
- Provide senior-level leadership to projects and teams
- Facilitate workshops and training sessions
- Manage projects from start to finish, managing risks and challenges as they arise
- Research and write a variety of types of strategy products such as communications plans and audits
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team members
- Manage business development and sales proposals
- 5+ years in a public relations and/or social media marketing-related ﬁeld
- Experience working directly with senior management
- Deep knowledge of the evolving communications environment, with the ability to provide strategic advice to clients
- Preference will be given to candidates with a proﬁciency in English and French
- Superior writing, editing and verbal communications skills
- Superior analytical skills of marketing and communications materials
- Ability to network and build new relationships online and ofﬂine
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Academic degree or technical diploma in public relations, journalism, marketing or a business-related ﬁeld
- Preference given to candidates who have had experience managing a team
- Starting at $75,000, commensurate to experience.
- We offer a generous health care and time off package.
MediaStyle promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations. We strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process.
We apologize but MediaStyle will only be able to contact those who will be interviewed for the position.
MediaStyle provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.