MediaStyle needs an Intermediate Graphic Designer
We are accepting application letters until Sunday, December 15, 2019 by the end of the day. Interviews for selected candidates will be held in early January.
How to apply:
- Send us a letter about yourself and your approach to design, and a resume
- Send a link to your design portfolio
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
- Assist the MediaStyle team in the design, production, and implementation of graphic materials related to marketing, communications and public relations activities. This ranges from content for online campaigns (social media shareables, websites etc) to print collateral (annual reports, infographics, signage etc)
- Manage multiple projects with input and direction from all team members
- Layout and design deliverables for a range of clients
- Stay on top of all things design related, including best practices, guidelines and trends in design and art
- Explore and experiment with new ways of presenting information to users
- Proﬁciency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign specifically) and Macintosh OS a must, as demonstrated in a relevant portfolio
- Experience working directly with the public and clients
- 4-5 years or more in design role
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on complex projects
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills—must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines; must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Academic degree or technical diploma in design an asset
- French language skills would be considered an asset
- Strong skills in illustration and typography an asset
- Working knowledge of CSS and experience designing for web an asset
- Salary range is $45,000 to $50,000 commensurate to experience
- MediaStyle offers a benefits package with generous personal time, flexibility and extended health coverage
MediaStyle promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations. We strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process.
We will only be able to contact those who will be interviewed for the position.
MediaStyle provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.