Waiting for details. What will the TPP hold for Canada?· October 6, 2015
This will be the shortest brief the of the whole campaign: 91 words, folks!
Trans Pacific Partnership is all the NDP and the CPC want you to hear about in the next few days. The NDP see it as the salvation. The CPC see it as the final plank in their platform. And, well, the LPC is hoping nobody notices they are sitting on the fence. We think.
The next 72 hours may well be the most important of the campaign. We will keep you up to date as the parties continue to react to the TPP. As always, the devil is in the details.
- Danny Williams says Stephen Harper’s tactics are borderline racist
- Expect Conservative and Liberal ‘knife fight’ in final 2 weeks of campaign
- Harper to promise more than $1B in measures to help auto sector
- NDP continues decline as Tories, Liberals battle for first in new Ipsos poll
- Zunera Ishaq cleared by court to take citizenship oath wearing niqab
- NS Tory stalwarts, including former N.S. cabinet minister, support Liberals
Two views on the TPP for your consideration:
- Globe: TPP deal a clear win for Canada
- And the more cautious Star: Harper ties up a knotty Pacific trade deal