Support Women in Need These Holidays· December 4, 2015
MediaStyle is proud to support the Purse Project, a grassroots campaign aimed at helping vulnerable women get the items they need this holiday season.
- Warm clothes, such as gloves, socks and toques
- Hygiene products, such as soap, deodorant, sanitary napkins and tampons
- Non-perishable foods (granola bars, trail mix bottled water, etc.)
- Tooth brushes and toothpaste
- Face cloths and towels
- Combs, hair brushes and elastics.
Instructions are simple:
- Grab an old purse you or your partner don’t want anymore, or purchase one at a thrift store.
- Fill it up with the suggested items above.
- Donate it to a woman struggling with homelessness or contact Heidi or Sylvie, who will donate purses to various shelters and day programs across the city.
Check out the video below, where our very own Ian Capstick joins Cst. Clinton Dawson, Det. Sylvie Reaney and Heidi Danson to raise awareness of this important cause.
For more details, please visit the Purse Project’s Facebook page for more details.